Welcome to the Highlands Ranch Periodontics and Dental Implants blog! We understand that losing teeth can significantly affect your confidence, appearance, and overall quality of life. That’s why our team is dedicated to providing you with the latest and most effective dental implant solutions.
In today’s post, we’ll introduce a groundbreaking treatment option called All-on-4® dental implants. This innovative procedure is designed to restore your smile and chewing ability with minimal fuss and maximum benefits. Let’s dive in!
Introducing the All-on-4 Implant Procedure
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure uses four or more implants to support a complete set of new teeth. It’s a revolutionary treatment option for people who need complete dental rehabilitation. This technique eliminates the need for a bone graft for most patients and significantly reduces the recovery time compared to traditional dental implant procedures.
To learn more about the difference between All-on-4 and single dental implants, read All-on-4 vs. Single Dental Implants: What’s the Difference?
Now that you have a basic understanding of All-on-4 dental implants, let’s explore some of the key benefits of this treatment option.
Key Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
- Speedy treatment and recovery times: One of the main advantages of All-on-4 implants is the faster treatment and recovery times. The entire procedure can typically be completed in just a few visits to our clinic. Moreover, the recovery period is significantly shorter than that of traditional implant procedures, allowing you to enjoy your new smile sooner!
- Immediate functionality: Once the All-on-4 procedure is complete, your new prosthetic arch is fully functional, meaning you can resume eating, speaking, and smiling with confidence as soon as you leave the dental office. There’s no need to wait months to enjoy the full benefits of your new teeth.
- Cost-effective solution: With fewer implants needed to support an entire arch of teeth, the All-on-4 treatment is generally more cost-effective than traditional implant options, which require individual implants for every missing tooth. This makes it an ideal solution to restore your smile and dental function without breaking the bank.
- High success rates: All-on-4 dental implants boast a high success rate, thanks to the stability provided by the strong titanium implants. These implants have been specifically designed to provide a long-lasting and robust foundation for your new set of teeth.
- Improved aesthetics and confidence: All-on-4 dental implants can dramatically improve your appearance, boost your self-confidence, and elevate your overall quality of life.
The All-on-4 Procedure Explained
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is a two-step process that typically spans several months, allowing for proper healing and adjustment.
Step 1: Initial Consultation
The first step involves a consultation and examination at our clinic. Dr. Mike Norouzinia DDS, or Dr. Kerri Font DDS, will evaluate your oral health and determine if you’re a suitable candidate for the All-on-4 procedure.
At your consultation, we will take x-rays of your mouth to accurately measure your jawbone. This will help us determine the number of implants needed for a stable prosthetic arch and if a bone graft is necessary. We will use technology that allows us to plan out the implant positions so that we can place the implants in the most optimal positions. Once the plan is finalized, we will 3D print a surgical guide that will be used to place the implants.
Step 2: Implant Placement
You will be given sedation to help you relax during the procedure. The implants will be placed in your jawbone according to the 3D-printed guide. Four or more titanium posts are surgically inserted into your jawbone. The back implants are placed at a 45-degree angle, which allows us to maximize the available bone and ensure that your new prosthetic arch is secure.
Once the implants are placed, a metal bar is attached to the implants. This bar will serve as a foundation for your new set of prosthetic teeth, custom-made to fit your mouth. In most cases, you will leave the office with a temporary denture.
Step 3: Attachment of the Prosthetic Arch
After the implant placement, there is a healing period of about three to six months. During this time, the implants fuse with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration, providing a sturdy foundation for your new teeth.
Once the healing process is complete, you’ll return to our clinic for the final step. Here, we’ll attach a custom-made prosthetic arch to the implants. This arch, which is designed to look and function like natural teeth, is securely fastened to the implants, providing an immediate restoration of your smile and chewing ability.
Is All-on-4 Right For You?
The All-on-4 dental implant procedure is a great option for people who need full mouth rehabilitation. The impressive stability, faster treatment and recovery times, immediate functionality, and cost savings make it an attractive solution for many patients.
If you’re considering All-on-4 implants to restore your smile, the first step is to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. At this appointment, we can evaluate your oral health and determine if you’re an ideal candidate for the procedure.
To learn more about All-on-4, read The Best Candidates for All-on-4 Dental Implants.
Dental Implants in Highlands Ranch
At Highlands Ranch Periodontist and Dental Implants, we are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality dental care and the latest, most effective implant solutions. We are committed to helping you restore your smile and dental function while minimizing discomfort and recovery time.
If you would like more information on All-on-4 dental implants or any of our other treatments, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our team is here to answer any questions you may have and help you make an informed decision about your treatment.To book an appointment with Dr. Mike Norouzinia, DDS, or Dr. Kerri Font, DDS, call (303) 683-1144 or complete the online booking form. If you are searching for dental implants in Highlands Ranch, or dental implants near me, trust the experts at Highlands Ranch Perio.