Dental Implants Highlands Ranch
When it comes to overall health, many people think of things like maintaining a nutritious diet and exercising regularly. However, oral health is just as important for overall health and well-being. Poor oral hygiene can lead to serious health problems, including gum disease, tooth decay, and even heart disease.
If you are missing teeth, getting dental implants is a great way to look after your oral health. Implants are a popular and effective way to restore your smile, and they are also a very safe and reliable option, with a success rate of over 95%.
If you’re looking for dental implants in Denver or dental implants in Centennial, please visit us at 9090 S Ridgeline Blvd. 225, Highlands Ranch, CO. We will be happy to help you with all your dental needs, including dental implants. We look forward to meeting you!
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial teeth that replace missing or damaged teeth. The implant is a small screw usually made from titanium, a strong and durable metal. The screws are placed into the jawbone, fusing with the bone over time. This process is known as osseointegration. Once the implants have fused with the jawbone, they provide a strong and stable foundation for artificial teeth.
Implants are an excellent option for people who are missing one or more teeth. They can be used to support a single tooth, a dental bridge, or even dentures.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Implants have many advantages, making them a popular choice among patients.
Some of the benefits of dental implants include:
- Improved oral health. Unlike dentures or bridges, implants don’t require altering the surrounding teeth. This means that your remaining teeth can stay healthy and strong.
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel just like natural teeth. This means that you can smile with confidence, knowing that your teeth look great.
- Improved function. Implants function like natural teeth, which means you can eat and speak normally.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your confidence by improving your appearance and the ability to speak and eat normally.
- Improved quality of life. Implants can improve your overall quality of life by making everyday activities, such as eating easier, giving you back your confidence.
Implants could be an option for you if you are missing one or more teeth. To find out if you are a candidate for dental implants, contact us at (303) 683-1144 or complete the online booking form to schedule an appointment.
Dental Implant Risks
Since getting implants is a surgical procedure, there are some associated risks. However, the risks are very low, and most patients don’t experience complications.
Some of the potential risks include:
- Infection. Infection is a rare but serious complication that can occur after any surgery. The risk of infection after implant surgery is less than 10%.
- Damage to nearby teeth. There is a small chance that the drill used to place the implant could damage the nearby teeth. However, this is extremely rare because our office uses computer-aided designs that allow us to place the implant in a predetermined location.
- Nerve damage. There is a very small risk of nerve damage when getting dental implants. However, this is usually temporary and will resolve within a few months.
- Bleeding. There is always a risk of bleeding during surgery. This is usually minimal and can be controlled with pressure or stitches.
- Pain. There is usually some discomfort after getting implants. But it can be controlled with pain medication.
- Swelling. There is usually some swelling after getting dental implants. However, this can be alleviated with ice packs and pain medication.
The risks of dental implant surgery are very low; however, as with any oral surgery, there is always a risk of complications. That’s why choosing a qualified and experienced implant dentist is important. Dr. Mike Bahman Norouzinia, DDS, has over 11 years of experience specifically working with implants and will work closely with you to make a personalized treatment plan and ensure your implant surgery is a success.
Dental Implant Types
There are a few types of implants available. The type of implant best for you will depend on your situation.
Some of the different types of implants include:
- Endosteal implants are placed directly into the jawbone and are typically used for patients who are missing one or more teeth.
- Subperiosteal implants are placed under the gum tissue but on top of the jawbone. They are typically used for patients whose jawbone is too thin to support endosteal implants.
- Zygomatic implants are placed in the cheekbone. They are typically used for patients who are missing all their upper teeth and have a thin jawbone.
All three types of implants are made of titanium, a biocompatible metal that fuses to the bone. Once the implant fuses with the bone, it becomes a strong and stable foundation for the replacement tooth.