Laser dentistry may sound scary, but it’s actually a very minimally invasive procedure. There are many dental procedures that have been improved through the use of laser dentistry, including root canal therapy, dental fillings, and gum surgery.
Laser Dentistry Uses
Many medical professionals utilize lasers to alter or remove soft tissue in small amounts. Periodontal experts use laser dentistry in the following procedures:
- Gum reshaping
- Exposing impacted wisdom teeth
- Taking biopsies
- Removing damaged gum tissue
- Removing oral tumors
Benefits Of Laser Dentistry
Below are a few of the many benefits of laser dentistry:
- Decreased risk of the need for sutures
- Decreased risk of developing an infection
- Reduces healing time and pain
- Blood loss is less likely than with traditional surgery
- Anesthesia is not needed in most laser dentistry procedures
Laser dentistry is a great solution for a number of oral health and periodontal issues. Whether you’re receiving laser dental procedures for cosmetics or for gum disease purposes, you can expect less time in surgery and less time to completely heal.
If you have questions or concerns about laser dentistry, or if you’d like to make an appointment for a periodontal consultation, please contact Highlands Ranch Periodontics. Our office provides quality periodontal care to the citizens of Highlands Ranch, Wolhurst, Southglenn, Centennial, Lone Tree, and Columbine, Colorado.